Warwick Wilson (David Hyde Pierce) is the consummate host. John Taylor (Clayne Crawford) is the career criminal. John’s robbed a bank and needs to get off the streets. He finds himself on Warwick’s doorstep posing as a friend of a friend, new to Los Angeles, who’s been mugged and lost his luggage. As the wine flows and the evening progresses, we become deeply intertwined in the twisted fates of each of them. This movie isn’t over ‘til it’s over!
The Perfect Host
- Official Selection - Sundance Midnight Section
- Official Selection – Sitges Int’l Film Festival 2010
Available for Immediate Delivery
- David Hyde Pierce (Nixon, Frasier, The Fisher King)
- Clayne Crawford (A Walk to Remember, Wristcutters: A Love Story)
- Helen Reddy (Airport 1975, Pete’s Dragon)
Stacey Testro (SAW franchise), Mark Victor (Poltergeist)
- "With outstanding performances by David Hyde Pierce and Clayne Crawford, cowriter/director Nick Tomnay takes us on a suspense-filled ride where nothing is as it seems. The Perfect Host is a slippery psychological thriller that exposes true human nature and reveals just how far we’re willing to go to satisfy our needs."
- Lisa Ogdie (Sundance Programmer)
- "...a seamlessly crafted story that keeps you guessing with every scene. The police thriller meets twisted comedy meets love story features excellently developed characters and off the wall plot twists...one of the most exceptional and unpredictable films that I have seen in the past year."
- Jeanette D. Moses, Salt Lake City Slug Magazine.com
- "Without wanting to give anything away, it should just be said that of all films that are labeled as “psychological thrillers,” The Perfect Host is one of the most deserving. The film evolves into a clever cat-and-mouse game between Warwick, his captor, and a police detective (Nathaniel Parker) who’s closing in on solving that bank robbery….The Perfect Host is the best kind of project for big-name actors looking for something different. Host is different and in all the best ways!"
Magnolia Home Entertainment