A beautiful flight attendant looking for love.
A zookeeper hiding within his animal kingdom to nurse a broken heart.
A young runaway who sells roses on the streets and must rely on the kindness of strangers to survive.
It’s modern-day Saigon, where 8 million people are just trying to keep up with the pace. In four days, three complete strangers from three different walks of life will collide through maddening streets and neon nights for a chance, any chance to find human connections.
Owl and the Sparrow
- WINNER OF OVER 9 FESTIVAL AWARDS INCLUDING:
- Best Narrative Feature (San Francisco Int’l Asian American Film Festival), Audience Award (Los Angeles Int’l Film Festival),
- Emerging Filmmaker Award (Denver Int’l Film Festival), John Cassavetes Award (Nominated Best Feature – Independent Spirit Awards),
- Crystal Heart Award (Heartland Film Festival), Grand Jury Prize, Best Narrative Feature (Asian Film Festival of Dallas),
- ... and many more
Available for Immediate Delivery
Stephane Gauger (Nominated Breakthrough Director – IFP Awards)
- "“Stephane Gauger’s keenly observed debut feature takes verite-style filmmaking to the streets of Saigon. With a captivating central performance by 10-year-od Pham Thi Han and an emphatic story line, “Owl and the Sparrow” should nest comfortably on a strategically positioned specialty theatrical slate.”"
- The Hollywood Reporter
- "“Combining art house lensing with a sweet story sure to make audiences feel warm inside, Stephane Gauger comes up with an appealing balancing act to please cinephiles and mainstreamers alike. …“Owl and the Sparrow” plays like Cassavetes.”"