The life and controversial death of Vincent Van Gogh told by his paintings and by the characters that inhabit them. The intrigue unfolds through interviews with the characters closest to Vincent and through dramatic reconstructions of the events leading up to his death.
LOVING VINCENT features over 120 of Vincent Van Gogh’s greatest paintings. The plot, drawn from the 800 letters written by the painter himself, lead us to the significant people and events in the time leading up to his unexpected death. Every shot is painted just as Vincent himself painted.
LOVING VINCENT will be the world’s first feature-length painted animation.
- 2017 Annecy Int'l Film Festival - Audience Award
- 2017 Shanghai Int'l Film Festival - Best Animation
Fully Painted Animated Feature
- Douglas Booth (Romeo & Juliet, Noah, Jupiter Ascending)
- Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones)
- Robert Gulaczyk
- Helen McCrory (Harry Potter, Skyfall, Hugo)
- Chris O'Dowd (Bridesmaids, Calvary, St. Vincent)
- Saoirse Ronan (Oscar Nominee for Brooklyn, The Grand Budapest Hotel)
- John Sessions (Mrs. Holmes, The Silent Storm, Gangs of New York)
- Eleanor Tomlinson (Jack the Giant Slayer, Alice in Wonderland, Poldark)
- Aidan Turner (The Hobbit Series, Poldark)
Dorota Kobiela (Little Postman, Chopin Drawings), Hugh Welchman (Peter & the Wolf)
Hugh Welchman (Academy Award – Best Animated Short for Peter & the Wolf)
Ivan Mactaggart (My Week with Marilyn)
Sean Bobbitt (CEO Silver Screen Cinemas)
David Parfitt (Shakespeare in Love)
Charlotte Ubben (American Honey, Tallulah)
Gerd Schepers (Fallen, Jobs)
Claudia Bluemhuber (A Hologram for a King, Eye in the Sky, Under the Skin)
Clint Mansell (Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream)
- "... an Animated Masterpiece! I have never seen anthing on screen life it before."
- Deadline Hollywood
- "... it's really quite astonishing."
- The Independent
- "... I've not experienced anything like it before."
- The Telegraph
- "... turning into a masterpiece in its own right."
- NBC Nightly News
- "... unbelievably stunning."
- Metro UK
- Shanghai Film Festival Awards: ‘Pedicab’ Wins Best Film, ‘Loving Vincent’ Takes Animation Honor
- Annecy: ‘Lu Over The Wall,’ ‘Loving Vincent’ Take Top Honors at Annecy Animation Festival
- VIDEO: Animation film about Vincent van Gogh with 65,000 paintings in one and a half minutes
- VIDEO: Noordbrabants Museum in Den Bosch expands exhibition to animation film ‘Loving Vincent’
- British-Polish film wins award in Annecy
- ‘Loving Vincent’ wins public award in Annecy
- “LOVING VINCENT” gets standing ovation at Annecy
- Loving Vincent debuted at the Annecy Animation Film Festival
- “Loving Vincent”: the last days of Van Gogh in a masterpiece of animation
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Gets Standing Ovation at Annecy
- ANNECY 2017. LOVING VINCENT. THE POETRY AND THE STRENGTH OF A FILM ON VAN GOGH OIL PAINTING ENTIRELY.
- “Loving Vincent”: the animated film where the paintings of Van Gogh come to life at the festival of Annecy
- “LOVING VINCENT”, GOLDEN NUGGET OF THE FESTIVAL OF ANNECY
- The film about the last days of Van Gogh Ovation at the Festival of Annecy
- Standing ovation on world premiere ‘Loving Vincent’: Never seen such an animation movie
- Vincent van Gogh comes to life in animation film
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Adds Major Territory Pre-Sales in Run-Up to Annecy World Premiere (EXCLUSIVE)
- Annecy 2017: Five things to look out for
- Annecy Fest Surges in Size Yet Again, as ‘Despicable Me 3,’ ‘Loving Vincent,’ ‘The Big Bad Fox’ Premiere at Event
- ‘Loving Vincent’: 6 Facts About The First Oil Painted Animated Feature
- Loving Vincent to premiere at the Annecy International Film Festival on June 13
- Variety’s 2017 10 Animators to Watch – Dorota Kobiela “Loving Vincent”
- Forbes: ‘Loving Vincent’ Offers The Chance To Win A Van Gogh Test Painting
- Directors of Van Gogh Biopic Offer Painting Giveaway
- Carpe diem with Shuchi Muley, one of 107 artists who hand-painted scenes for ‘Loving Vincent’
- Telegraph: Van Gogh to life
- Hollywood Reporter: AFM: Animated ‘Loving Vincent’ Sells for Russia, Brazil
- Telegraph – UK: Van Gogh, a new film and a tantalising question: was Vincent murdered?
- Indy artist helps paint Van Gogh to life in monumental new animated film
- A work of art! Trailer for new Vincent Van Gogh biopic shows incredible detail of world first’s full-length painted animation
- Accueil Cinéma “Loving Vincent”, la vie de Van Gogh retracée grâce à des peintures animées
- Loving Vincent: El filme sobre la vida de van Gogh animado con óleo
- Loving Vincent: This Vincent van Gogh biopic is made using 12 oil paintings a second
- Screen: CMG adds ‘LOVING VINCENT’ sales in Cannes…
- Screen: CMG scores LOVING VINCENT sales
- Screen: Animation ‘Loving Vincent’ begins shoot
- New York Times: Animating van Gogh’s Life With 62,450 Oil Paintings
- Cinema Management Group heads to Cannes with ‘Loving Vincent’