A raucous exploration of the way hairstyles impact the activities, pocketbooks, sexual relationships, and self-esteem of the black community. GOOD HAIR visits beauty salons, hairstyling battles, scientific laboratories and Indian temples to get to the root of this $9 billion industry.
Director Jeff Stilson follows Chris Rock on this probing adventure prompted by Rock’s daughter approaching him and asking “Daddy, how come I don’t have good hair?” Celebrities including Ice-T, Nia Long, Paul Mooney, Raven Symone, Maya Angelou, Salt n Pepa, Eve and Reverend Al Sharpton all candidly offer their stories and observations to Rock while he struggles with the task to figuring out how to respond to his daughter’s question.
- Sundance Film Festival Winner – Special Jury Prize
- National Board of Review Award Winner – Top Five Documentaries
- Image Award Winner – Outstanding Documentary
- African-American Film Critics Association Winner – Top 10 Films
- Black Reel Awards Winner – Best Documentary
Available for Immediate Delivery
- Chris Rock
- Nia Long
- Maya Angelou
- Salt n Pepa
- Reverend Al Sharpton
- Paul Mooney
- Raven Symone
Chris Rock, Nelson George, Jenny Hunter, Kevin O'Donnell